Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, arrived May 16th, 2002, and StarWars.com is running a new series looking at Clones at 20, celebrating the 20th anniversary of the film, in a special series of interviews, editorials, and more.
The official site shares some unforgettable quotes from Star Wars: Attack of the Clones.
1. “We’re keepers of the peace, not soldiers.” — Mace Windu
Master Windu reminds the politicians — and the audience — of the Jedi Order’s purpose in the galaxy. This quote highlights their changing role in the Republic as they take on a duty they never intended to fulfill.
2. “You seem a little on edge.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi can’t help pointing out his Padawan’s nerves at seeing their old friend Padmé again. Obi-Wan obviously enjoys teasing Anakin, and it’s clear that he can read his Padawan like a book.
3. “Why do I get the feeling you’re going to be the death of me?” — Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan might be referring to their high-flying acrobatics through the Coruscant skyline, but we all know how the pair’s friendship ultimately ends. It’s a cleverly ironic line that nods to their future — and to Star Wars fans.
4. “I don’t want to sell you death sticks.” — Elan Sleazebaggano
What do you think Sleazebaggano decided to do with his life after he went home to think about it?
5. “Mentors have a way of seeing more of our faults than we would like. It’s the only way we grow.” – Padmé Amidala
The former queen is already wise beyond her years. Padmé listens sympathetically and gently encourages Anakin to appreciate Obi-Wan Kenobi’s wisdom. The twinkle in her eye gives away her amusement.
6. “Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is central to a Jedi’s life. So, you might say we are encouraged to love.” — Anakin Skywalker
The young Padawan rarely shows his pensive side, but it’s obvious that love is a topic Anakin has thought a lot about. Anakin holds affection in his heart for both his mother and Padmé. He’s walking on a slippery slope, however, and getting close to a dangerous fear of losing them both.
7. “Truly wonderful the mind of a child is.” — Yoda
Nothing delights Master Yoda like training the youngest Jedi in his care. He turns a seemingly complicated problem into a teachable moment for both the younglings and Obi-Wan Kenobi. (Sometimes the simplest answer is the best one.)
8. “I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere.” — Anakin Skywalker
It might seem on the surface that Anakin is just complaining about a minor inconvenience. But he’s responding to Padmé’s memory of an idle day on the beach with a comparison of his own life as a slave on the harsh sands of Tatooine. It’s a reminder that the two grew up very differently, but fate, or the Force, still brought them together. (This quote gets bonus points for achieving meme immortality.)
9. “I’m just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.” — Jango Fett
Jango dodges Obi-Wan’s questioning with a statement that makes a lasting impression on his young son.
10. I promise you, I will even learn to stop people from dying.” — Anakin Skywalker
If you could point to the moments that created the man who would become a Dark Lord of the Sith, this would be one of them.
Read another ten unforgettable quotes from Star Wars: Attack of the Clones here.
The post Clones at 20 | Unforgettable Quotes from Star Wars: Attack of the Clones appeared first on Jedi News.